Before the Auckland Harbour Bridge was built, resident doctors would commute to work by rowing across the Waitemata Harbour. The dedication to go “the extra mile” for the Birkenhead community has become the legacy and pride of FMB.
There has been a GP practice on site since the 1920’s, servicing the once very small community. The practice was established inside an old Victorian Villa, which is reflected in our logo. Auckland was a very different place back then!